3. My Doggy Ate My Homework

�My doggy ate my homework.
He chewed it up,� I said.
But when I offered my excuse
My teacher shook her head.
I saw this wasn�t going well.
I didn�t want to fail.
Before she had a chance to talk,
I added to the tale:
�Before he ate, he took my work
And tossed it in a pot.
He simmered it with succotash
Till it was piping hot.
�He scrambled up my science notes
With eggs and bacon strips,
Along with saut�ed spelling words
And baked potato chips.
�He then took my arithmetic   
And had it gently fried.
He broiled both my book reports   
With pickles on the side.
�He wore a doggy apron
As he cooked a notebook stew.
He barked when I objected.
There was nothing I could do.�
�Did he wear a doggy chef hat?�
She asked me with a scowl.
�He did,� I said. �And taking it
Would only make him growl.�
My teacher frowned, but then I said   
As quickly as I could,
�He covered it with ketchup,   
And he said it tasted good.�
�A talking dog who likes to cook?�   
My teacher had a fit.
She sent me to the office,   
And that is where I sit.
I guess I made a big mistake   
In telling her all that.
�Cause I don�t have a doggy.   
It was eaten by my cat.